Countdown the fat

Saturday, March 8, 2008

15 Minutes to Fitness

If you're like me, I find it hard to exercise for more than 20 minutes. Not that I wouldn't love to work out for longer than that, it's just that my children usually do not let me :). When the weather gets warmer (I'm in Utah), I can walk outside and they usually last for a nice 1 hour walk. But for now, I'll have to find different ways to work my exercise into my day. So instead of thinking "I don't have time to exercise today", think "I have 15 minutes that I can spare to reach my weight loss goal". So here is the plan...

Find your favorite up beat song and CRANK UP the volume!
Close the curtains, and get a bottle of water handy...you'll need it.
Choose your intensity level.
  • 2 minutes marching in place
  • 3 minutes side steps
  • 1 minute marching in place
  • 3 minutes knee lifts
  • 1 minute marching in place
  • 3 minutes kicks
  • 2 minutes marching in place

Twice a day and WHAM-O! 30 minutes of cardio D-O-N-E done!

I also found a good article from Prevention. Here is a 6-WEEK FAT-BLASTING WORKOUT.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love it. Sometimes I do jumping jacks and push-ups in the living room. It's funny because my boys will join in with me.